[Tweeters] In Search of the Elusive Pink-Headed Duck

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 07:20:03 PDT 2017

hello everyone,

here's an interesting story about a man who has spent years trying to find
the extinct (?) pink-headed duck. lots of pretty pictures. no live ducks,
though!

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/pink-headed-duck-search-lost-species-extinct

“I inherited my grandfather’s instincts as an explorer,” he says. “I think
a lot of it was … I wasn’t doing very much. I didn’t really feel fulfilled.
The pink-headed duck is like some sort of mythical thing. It is so iconic
and beautiful.” The idea of finding something missing for so many years
gave him a mission.

--
GrrlScientist | @GrrlScientist <https://twitter.com/GrrlScientist>
Blogs: Forbes <http://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/> | Evolution