[Tweeters] RFI: Bank Swallow colonies in western Washington

Gary Wiles wilesharkey at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 20:29:50 PDT 2017

Tweeters, Kelly McAllister and I are again conducting an inventoryof nesting colonies of Bank Swallows in western Washington this year. We’re interested in obtaining breeding colony records in this half of the statefrom readers of Tweeters who haven't already posted their observations oneBird.  We’d like to receive information on the locations of colonies (asexact as possible so that we can visit the sites), as well as dates visited andnumbers of burrows counted for 2017 and any past years.  Data from pastyears will help inform us of how long specific sites have been occupied. So far, nearly all of our known colonies are located in the counties flankingthe western Cascades, thus we’re especially interested in hearing about sitespresent in Pacific, Wahkiakum, Grays Harbor, Mason, Kitsap, Jefferson, Clallam,Island, and San Juan counties.  Please contact me with your information atwilesharkey at yahoo.com.  Thanks for your help.  Gary WilesOlympia, WAwilesharkey at yahoo.com