[Tweeters] A week in the Omak, Colville area

Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 12 11:52:25 PDT 2017

Hello Tweeters,

Bill and I spent last week on a quest to find grouse and
owls. We had limited success with the owls, but none whatever with the
grouse. Nonetheless, we visited a number of our favorite places-Conconully,
Sinlahekin Wildlife area, Molson-near Omak and Little Pend Oreille NWR and
the Pend Oreille River around Calispell Lake near Colville. I put our best
pictures into the Flickr album below. In the bird pictures are a series of
three Northern Shovelers that we found at dusk on Cameron Lakes Road. The
two males were first displaying for the one female, then got into serious
bird quarreling. I like the way the shovelers always look like they are
smiling even when they are probably agitated. The bird pictures come first
and then I put in a few photos of the actual places we visited-they are so
beautiful!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29258421@N07/albums/72157682716854851

Happy birding, Charlotte Byers, Seattle