Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Jun 15 13:16:34 PDT 2017

Tweets – weather was pretty similar to last week, with mist and mizzle, and with light rain starting about 10:00 a.m. It was a bit birdier perhaps, but not much. Definitely a lot of baby birds.

Highlights:
a.. Common Nighthawk – Matt heard one about 4:00 a.m. – FOY
b.. Black Swift – 2 or 3 over NE corner of lake
c.. Great Blue Herons – babies are very large, many look about to fledge
d.. Bald Eagle – we didn’t have a scope, but the nest looks to have 2 babies
e.. Barn Owl – Matt had what looked to be an adult and a juvie over East Meadow, early
f.. Hairy Woodpecker – one near Lake Platform – first since early May
g.. American Crow – babies abound
h.. Tree Swallow – 1-2 fledged young seen
i.. House Finch – adult feeding young in Pea Patch
j.. White-crowned Sparrow – adult feeding young in Pea Patch
k.. Red-winged Blackbird – several fledged young
We had an unusual mammal sighting – a myotis bad was flying low over the slough, actively feeding, for many minutes around 6:30 a.m.

For the day, we had 61 species, with Common Nighthawk new for the year.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com