[Tweeters] Terns in Edmonds

Josh Hayes Coralliophila at live.com
Sat Jun 17 20:56:01 PDT 2017

Dropped my daughter at a friend's house in Edmonds, down by the ferry terminal, and went for a stroll along the waterfront. Nothing really shaking on the bird front, but there were a fair number of terns working off the fishing pier. It seemed to me that they were coming in two distinct sizes, but they certainly all looked like Caspians to me. Is there any possibility of somewhat miniature Caspian terns in the area, or is this just natural variation in size?

There was also a robin that followed me around the path around the Edmonds Marsh, with a large salmonberry clutched in its beak, as if to show it off to me. Check me out! I have a berry! it seemed to say.

-Josh in the gloaming Licton Springs