[Tweeters] Wenas Indigo Bunting continues

Matthew D matt.dufort at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 11:57:23 PDT 2017

Hi tweets,

I'm not sure if this bird has been reported to Tweeters, though it's been
reported daily on eBird since it was found last weekend by Jason Fidorra.

It was singing this morning right by the road at the first yellow gate on
Audubon road, before you reach the Wenas campground. This is off Wenas
Road in Yakima County. Still singing constantly when I drove by again at
11:30.

Lots of other birds in the varied habitats nearby. The ponderosa pine
forest along Wenas Road around Ellensburg Pass east was full of Gray
Flycatchers; I heard them at every stop and saw several.

Good birding,
Matt Dufort