[Tweeters] Trumpeter swan still in Snohomis

Martha Jordan mj.cygnus at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 20:10:10 PDT 2017

For those of you looking for something odd at this time of year....
there is a Trumpeter Swan at the Fobes Road wetland area. The swan is
unable to fly but can walk, swim and flap both wings (the right one is
damaged). You can see it off Fobes Road going north. There is a brown house
on the east side and it is the water area out in the marsh. You will need a
spotting scope.
There are also some great duck viewing opportunities, hummingbirds and
more out in this area.
If you observe the swan over the next week or two and it appears to have
changed from OK to something else, please let me know. At this time the
area is too difficult to attempt a capture as it is swampy mud, and the
bird can still swim and escape into areas less safe than this one from
predators.

Thanks.
and check out our Facebook page for photos of our recent foster cygnets
from Northwest Trek Zoo.
www.facebook.com/nwswans

Martha Jordan
Executive Director