[Tweeters] Anna's Hummingbird & my hair !

Barbara Deihl barbdeihl at comcast.net
Mon Jun 19 02:08:21 PDT 2017

Yesterday morning as I was looking around the yard for the source of the honey-sweet scent, a hummingbird drew me to it - a honeysuckle winding through a Japanese maple! The moment I arrived at the location of the flowers, out popped a hummer, heading toward my head. How did it know I was as intent on sipping on those little tubules as it was ? ! Was it trying to compete with me, OR, was it, as once happened a few years ago, attempting to gather up some of the soft, white wisps of my hair, to line a nest ? Or ...?
Anyone else have this sort of encounter with one of the little spitfires?
I'd love to hear any tales or thoughts on the whys of it's attraction to me - and no, I had not applied any flowery scent to myself .
I can't wait to try this again this morning - such a delicious and delightful immersion into an almost-summer morning :-)

Barb Deihl
barbdeihl at comcast.net