[Tweeters] Blog Post - "Biggish Day" - June 24, 2017

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 09:53:57 PDT 2017

It was planned well enough nor was it long or intense enough to be a true BIG DAY but I had a goal of seeing 100 species in one day so I did what I would call a "Biggish Day" on Saturday June 24.  Started early in Edmonds and then to Snoqualmie Pass and various places in Kittitas and Yakima Counties.  Pretty hot and later in the year than would be ideal but lots of good birds (including stops for the Least Flycatcher and Indigo Buntings again) and lots of misses as well.  After some recounting and re-organizing lists, I came up with 116 species.  I am sure that another 10 - 30 would have been possible with better planning and skills.

I wrote up the trip with lots of photos on my blog.  Having ongoing issues with accessing it without log in but it can either be found generally at blairbirding.wordpress.com or maybe specifically at wordpress.com/post/blairbirding.wordpress.com/16746
Lots of elk, wildflowers and scenery were bonuses for the day.
Blair Bernson