[Tweeters] Some Birds at Sun Mountain Lodge

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 08:54:52 PDT 2017

Sharing some info about birds at Sun Mountain Lodge where I have been two days.
Not as many Dusky Grouse as usual but I had a hen and 4 or 5 chicks on path below parking area.
Building Engineer who is a birder told me of Least Flycatcher by Beaver Pond.  Che Bekking confirmed.
Last night about 2.5 miles up Thompson Ridge Road I had Flammulated and probable Long Eared Owls plus Common Poorwill and Common Nighthawk (have had all but Long Eared there before).  Yesterday morning I had a Black Bear in the same area.
Mostly not a birding trip but have noted most expected species and a Lewis's Woodpecker.  Lots of Vesper and Chipping Sparrows.  Would love to find a Grasshopper Sparrow but no such luck.
Finally: highly recommend Hometown Pizza in Twisp.
Gorgeous area and super weather.  Heading further east.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android