[Tweeters] Ibis Identification error in cranky Louisiana post

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 20:59:57 PST 2017

Hi all,
Matt Dufort has spotted an ID error in my Louisiana post.  We called a group of Ibis Glossy, but apparently they are White-faced.  Here is what Matt wrote:

"... I think your Glossy Ibis look more like White-faced, particularly the faces and eyes, which look rather red on the birds that I can see.  I checked eBird, and it looks like White-faced is actually slightly more common in Louisiana than Glossy is. "
Thanks Matt, and thanks for being so kind about it!

I added another photo to the post that shows the birds a bit closer which might be of further help.
Thanks,
Ed
Here's the link again
Ed Newbold | Out of our depth in Louisiana

| | |

| |