[Tweeters] FOY male Rufous Hummingbird in Wedgwood, Seattle

Ellen Blackstone ellenblackstone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 09:45:14 PDT 2017

Hey, Tweets,

What a treat to see this gorgeous fellow on one of our feeders today.
First of the year for us.

But it's really even more special, because we /seldom/ have Rufous
Hummingbirds in this area at all. I can go two or three years without
seeing one in the yard.

It's odd, how localized different species can be. I hear White-crowned
Sparrows singing all over University Village, but I never hear or see
them in our area of Wedgwood, about 3 blocks east of Seattle Audubon.

Enjoy the rain. You have no other choice.

Ellen Blackstone