[Tweeters] Some binocular recommendations?

Devon Comstock devonc78 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:38:06 PST 2017

Hi,

For a good mid-range price bino I always recommend the Eagle Optics
Platinum Rangers. Lifetime warranty, hardy binocular, waterproof, lifetime
maintenance for little cost. I'm partial to the 10 x 42s myself, but you
will get a lot of birders to tell you to go for 8 x 42 for more image
stability and close range viewing.

For a high end bino you can't go wrong with Swarovskis, though after a lot
of research I ended up buying a pair of Zeiss Victory SF. They are both a
hefty price at about $2,000 plus. I joke that with my old rangers it was
looking at birds through a dirty shower curtain compared to the crispness
of my Zeiss.

Audubon recently did an article about choosing binoculars

http://www.audubon.org/gear/binocular-guide

Devon Comstock
Wenatchee