[Tweeters] Re: Ibis Identification error in cranky Louisiana post

Matthew Dufort matt.dufort at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 21:39:25 PST 2017

Just to add a bit to what Ed said, I'm not sure that these are all
White-faced. Identification of non-breeding *Plegadis* ibises can be
really tough. The bird in the middle of the first photo looks like a clear
White-faced to me. But the bird on the right in the first photo, and the
two birds in the close-up photo, are less clear. I would want to study
those birds in varying light and from different angles before trying to
make a call on them.

Good birding,
Matt Dufort