[Tweeters] Tagged Red-tailed Hawk in Bellingham and other goodies

Mike R. ramosmike79 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 14:53:12 PDT 2017

Saturday, March 11, we had our FOY Rufous - a male, here at our feeder on
the south side of Bellingham. He didn't stick around though, so the Anna's
are still queuing up.

On Sunday, the 12th, I observed a pair of Red-tailed Hawks soaring over the
neighborhood, in the vicinity of Mill Avenue and 21st St. One of them had a
blue tag on the upper surface of its right wing. Couldn't see any letters
or numbers though.

A few minutes later I observed an adult Peregrine gliding south low over
Fairhaven. I usually see only Merlins within the city limits, so that was a
nice treat.

Mike