[Tweeters] Strange looking Bushtit question

Steve Krival stevekrival at live.com
Mon Mar 13 16:47:55 PDT 2017

At Magnuson Park, Seattle from the dike between holding ponds west of the south-west parking lot, I observed at very close range over several minutes a bird that appeared be a bushtit with a yellow forehead. There was no other yellow on the bird. It also had a little rusty color on the back of the wings. Otherwise it looked just like a Pacific form bushtit. It was is in the company of other bushtits. I find no mention of this yellow color in descriptions from various written authorities. Any ideas as to what I was looking at? And, no, I was not taking any medication that day.