Janka and Michael Hobbs MJCT_Hobbs at msn.com
Thu Mar 23 15:44:06 PDT 2017

Tweets – it was sunny with clouds, and an on-and-off (but mostly off) breeze today. Lots of blue sky, and lots of birds. We didn’t find any hoped-for Say’s Phoebes or Mountain Bluebirds, but we can’t complain!

Highlights:

Band-tailed Pigeon 2 flybys - first of 2017
Rufous Hummingbird Several – first of 2017 (seen earlier this week too)
Virginia Rail Heard east of East Meadow – first for 2017 alive
TURKEY VULTURE Four flying north, far to the west (possibly over SR-520)
First for 2017
Barn Owl Seen over meadows east of WLSPkwy early
Great Horned Owl Heard near concert venue early
Short-eared Owl One hunting East Meadow, 6:15ish
Red-breasted Sapsucker Ubiquitous
Northern Shrike Watched a long chase (of a finch?) – unsuccessful I think
COMMON RAVEN Two flew over Dog Meadow – first of 2017
Savannah Sparrow Several – first of 2017 (seen earlier this week too)

For the day, we had 68 species, as well as a couple more that we probably heard (but didn’t hear a 2nd time). For the week, at least 71 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com