[Tweeters] netted Hooded Merganser

Scott Ramos lsr at ramoslink.info
Sun Mar 26 09:10:52 PDT 2017

There is a female Hooded Merganser at Magnuson Park that has become entangled with some plastic netting. I first noted this bird on Thursday (https://goo.gl/3117by <https://goo.gl/3117by>) but the netting was still attached on Saturday.

Any suggestions on what could be done to free her? She seems to be surviving the predicament, diving and eating with the RN Ducks with whom she has been associating. But, when I saw her fly between ponds, it seemed as if she was laboring.

Scott Ramos
Seattle