[Tweeters] New addition to WA Checklist!

Greg Pluth gjpluth at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 17:06:11 PDT 2017

Hey Tweets!

I was having coffee at my friend's place in Steillacoom around noon today.
We were nonchalantly noting male/female Anna's/Rufous hummers at the feeder
two feet outside the kitchen window when SHAZZAM! What is that?!? Get the
camera!! A male Calliope Hummingbird sat feeding for less than a minute
then took off - not enough time to ready the camera. We did not see it
again before I left ten minutes later. It's a new bird for my state list
(moved here in 2002) and in a not so common locale - pretty exciting!

Keep your fingers crossed that it returns and so my friend gets a pic.

Happy birding,

Greg Pluth
University Place