[Tweeters] Edmonds Sunset Ave. mystery gulls 3-26-17

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 11:09:42 PDT 2017

Sunday afternoon (3/26/17) I drove down to Sunset Ave. and found a flock of dunlin flying around the tethered log at the underwater dive park. After I got home and put up my photos on the computer, I discovered that in addition to the dunlin and large gulls (glaucous-winged? western?), some small gulls were also sitting on the log.

I am guessing the small gulls are mew gulls.  In light of some of the unusual sightings in Edmonds this year, I  would appreciate hearing from those who know their gulls.
Scroll down page 4 of this link to view my photos.   You can see the relative size of the mystery gulls in comparison to the large gulls and the dunlin.

http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?14796-Wildlife-of-Edmonds-WA-2017/page4

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA