[Tweeters] Edmonds marsh dunlin(?) 5-2-17

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 09:05:46 PDT 2017

More overcast weather for May Day.

Monday afternoon a flock of shorebirds landed at the Edmonds marsh.  The overcast cut down on the glare and heat waves rising off the mud, so I set up for telephoto shots and stayed a while.

I believe the flock was all dunlin.  I have read that the length of the bills can vary among individual birds.  A few were starting to develop the rufous back and black belly breeding plumage and appeared larger than the others.

I am not good at identifying shorebirds, so everyone is  welcome to view the photos (scroll down page 8) and offer their opinions.
http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?14796-Wildlife-of-Edmonds-WA-2017/page8

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA