[Tweeters] FOY Black-headed grosbeaks in our yard on Camano Island

LARRY BAXTER natural.world.explorer at gmail.com
Fri May 5 10:37:27 PDT 2017

The FOY *Black-headed grosbeaks* arrived in our yard and at feeders today.
I keep a record, through a Google calendar, of the first date of arrival
from one year to the next. I first started using the Google calendar in
2014. The calendar has a neat feature which has a repeat option, so I can
have the record repeated forward forever on the same date.

When I put the information on the calendar for today (2017), I see that in
2014, 2015, 2016 and now 2017, they have arrived within one day or two days
of this same date, beginning with May 1st.

I do the same thing for *Goldfinches* and *Western tanagers*. The
*Goldfinches* show up consistently in Mid April. This year, we have not
seen any yet. In 2014, 2015, 2016, the *Western tanagers* have shown up
next week, consistently. We will see.

Larry Baxter
mthiker57 at gmail.com
Camano Island, WA