[Tweeters] Western Grebes in Clark Co

Vaughn Rhoden vrhoden at comcast.net
Fri May 5 15:13:51 PDT 2017

I have walked the riverside trail on the Vancouver shores of the Columbia
River a couple of times this week and have seen 2 or 3 Western Grebes from
the trail between the Water Resources Education Center and Tidewater cove.

2 Osprey on the nest on the pole in the river offshore from the condos. I
haven't definitively seen a chick but they do seem to be bending down as if
to feed one.

Also Red Breasted Sapsucker, Robins, Song Sparrows, butter butts, towhees,
Ruby Crowned Kinglet, House Finch, Mallards and lots of swallows - Tree and
Violet Green mostly.

One day last week I briefly saw what appeared to be a Mute Swan in the
private area in front of the condos. I was tempted to trespass to get a
better view but the angel on my right shoulder overruled the devil on my
left.

Its great to have such a nice walk 5 minutes from my house, especially on
the rare sunny spring day.

Vaughn