[Tweeters] Consensus on mystery call

Josh Hayes Coralliophila at live.com
Sat May 6 19:59:42 PDT 2017

Seems to be juncos. Lord knows we have LOTS of them, so it seems likely.

Some years ago, on our honeymoon, my wife and I were on a hike in Vermont. We lived in Austin YX at the time, so we saw lots of migrants, but they didn't sing, saving that for the breeding ground. We chased a mysterious high trill up a mountain and found -- a junco. We'd never heard one sing before, just the chip call.

What's the point? I dunno. Birds are funny, and you'll never know all there is to know about them.

Cheers, and send some of that fallout to Licton springs, huh?

-Josh

Sent from my Windows Phone