[Tweeters] Deer Lagoon American White Pelicans

earthman1950 at whidbey.com earthman1950 at whidbey.com
Sun May 7 15:53:08 PDT 2017

I had two sightings of American White Pelicans at Deer Lagoon on Whidbey
Island this morning. I saw 5 of them flying around together for about 5
minutes before heading straight north and out of sight. Two hours later in
the morning, I saw 4 pelicans flying low over the bay and north toward the
fresh water marsh. They flew all around the area and high up before landing
in the marsh at one of their favorite spots from last year. I am fairly
certain that these were two separate groups. When I checked on them an hour
later, I could not see them from the lagoon or from Double Bluff Rd.

George Heleker
Whidbey Island
earthman1950 at whidbey.com