[Tweeters] Very late Rough-legged Hawk, Lower River Road

Michelle Maani lamoustique at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 18:21:03 PDT 2017

I was driving on Lower River Road near the Port of Vancouver when I saw a  large hawk perched near the road (32nd?) that has a huge pile of torn-up pavement and a dead end sign.  I pulled into the road and stopped to observe it. It was pale with  dark mottling on its body. It wasn't until it flew off that I could see the wing patches and establish that it was a Rough-legged Hawk and not a RT Hawk.
Michelle MaaniSalmon CreekVancouver, WA