[Tweeters] Darrington Anna's x Rufous Hummingbird & Grasshopper Sparrow

Ryan Merrill rjm284 at gmail.com
Sun May 7 20:14:35 PDT 2017

This morning at the northwest corner of Whitehorse Park in Darrington, Dave
Slager and I saw a hybrid Anna's x Rufous Hummingbird, Grasshopper Sparrow,
and House Wren. We watched the sparrow feeding for a couple minutes before
it flew off into the denser vegetation. The hummingbird was displaying and
singing an Anna's-like song. We stayed around awhile watching the
hummingbird but never saw the sparrow again.

Good birding,
Ryan Merrill
Seattle