[Tweeters] Red Knot Whidbey Island

sremse at comcast.net sremse at comcast.net
Tue May 9 06:55:30 PDT 2017

My apologies for the late notice.Our birdathon team found a Red Knot at Swan Lake on Saturday afternoon, 1 of 14 shorebird species for the day. A favorite sighting was watching a Short-eared Owl fly up from Long Point and cross the mouth of Penn Cove despite a stiff crosswind. Our team recorded 133 species, a new record for us . The area we covered was from Crockett's Lake to Deception Pass.
Also seen: 3 butterfly sp; 6 mammals; 1 amphibian; 33 native wildflower/shrubs in bloom.

Steve Ellis
Coupeville, Wa
sremse at comcast.net