[Tweeters] Safe to check spotting scope in luggage?

J Christian Kessler 1northraven at gmail.com
Tue May 9 12:47:45 PDT 2017

I'm actually on Maui right now, & have flown birding equipment many times.
I always put my tripod in checked luggage (duffle bag) but always keep
bins, spotting scope, & camera bodies & lenses in carry-on. As long as 10
years ago I've had TSA agents tell me that TSA approved locks can be
compromised & are not a guarantee. I cannot vouch for this, but don't
trust anything with substantial street resale value to the universal
honesty of others.

Chris

--
"moderation in everything, including moderation"
Rustin Thompson