[Tweeters] Whimbrels at Discovery Park

Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Tue May 9 16:59:17 PDT 2017

Hi Tweeters,

Bill and I spent the morning at Discovery Park. We were
hoping to see some of the migrants that people like Ed Swan had reported in
their yard (!). We did find 6 warblers. One, Nashville Warbler, I didn't
even know we had seen until we got home and looked at our pictures. Not
sure how this happened.. The birds of the day were probably 8 Whimbrels
that flew up from the beach on an incoming tide as we approached. We also
got pictures of a bird that was hard to identify. It sort of looks like a
Hairy Woodpecker, but it has a funny white patch on the side that may just
be an errant feather. These birds and a select few others are in the
Discovery Park album which you can access below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29258421@N07/albums/72157680449289084

Thanks in advance for your interest. Charlotte Byers, Seattle