[Tweeters] indoor weather bird reading/NWR web sites

pan panmail at fastmail.fm
Sat May 13 12:16:50 PDT 2017

Barb and others wanting reads,

If you want to explore observations and anecdotes about North American
birds and their behavior, I recommend Bent's Life Histories. If you,
like me, don't have the shelf space for two dozen volumes, the good news
is they're now freely on line (!). My buddy Rick has collected these
links and some other classic references
http://birdaz.com/blog/basic-references-north-america/
. Kingfishers are in the volume noted as Cuckoos, etc. Also, for
Seattle residents, the Seattle Public Library provides free digital
access to the also multi-volume Birds of North America
https://ezproxy.spl.org/login?url=https://birdsna.org
. (You'll need your library card.)

And, yes, I too have not been able to get N. W. R. web pages (including
Nisqually) to load this morning (nor, I think, a couple weeks ago).

Wilson's Warbler out my Seattle window (and still Warbling Vireo and
Western Tanager yesterday).

13 May, 2017,

Alan Grenon
Seattle