[Tweeters] Clark Co. Ash-throated flycatcher - No!

John Bishop bishopjg at earthlink.net
Mon May 15 20:34:58 PDT 2017

An ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER was found and photographed by Kevin Black and later by Rick Bennett at Steigerwald NWR on Sunday. I went looking for it from 4-7pm today without any success. Randy Hill and Ken Pitts also put in quite a bit of time today without luck. I also ran into Jared Strawderman (who works there) and Rick Detroye. So a lot of eyes were out there.

Good birds that were reported by most or by all were:
WESTERN KINGBIRD - at least 5 individuals
YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT
BLUE-WINGED TEAL - a pair
WESTERN WOOD PEWEE

Also BULLOCKS ORIOLES were abundant and with lots of social interaction often in low branches or shrubs.

Cheers,
John Bishop
Vancouver, WA