Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu May 18 17:35:25 PDT 2017

Tweets – another uncharacteristically quiet day for May, under a high blanket of overcast. For the early few hours, lighting was difficult. Add to that a paucity of song, and things were pretty sparse.

Highlights:
a.. At least 6 wood ducks, mostly males
b.. Bufflehead – 3 females; getting late for them
c.. Eurasian Collared-Dove – two sightings of single bird(s) – first for 2017
d.. Vaux’s Swift – probably 15+, a high number for Marymoor
e.. Spotted Sandpiper – at least two below weir
f.. Barn Owl – Matt saw one leave the windmill, very early
g.. Western Wood-Pewee – 1-2; first for 2017
h.. Pacific-slope Flycatcher – 1; first for 2017
i.. Swainson’s Thrush – 3-5 seem, probably our best looks EVER at old Ash tree at the Rowing Club
j.. Western Tanager – singing male(s)
k.. Bullock’s Oriole – d i s t a n t view of a male
Matt & Sharon saw a BEAVER pre-dawn, and we all saw a COYOTE on the far side of the slough below the weir.

For the day, 59 species. For the year, adding three, we’re up to 130 species, I believe.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com