[Tweeters] Possible Broad-winged Hawk in Capitol Forest

Brian Pendleton kc7wpd at hotmail.com
Fri May 19 20:46:50 PDT 2017

Ed Newbold and I were watching Hermit Warblers along Capitol Peak Road in Capitol forest Friday afternoon when a crow-sized buteo flew over us. We both immediately thought Broad-wing due to its compact buteo shape and small size but neither of us were able to get either a photo or a binocular view to confirm the identification before it disappeared.
Brian Pendleton
kc7wpd at hotmail.com