[Tweeters] stuff and things

Joseph Higbee jvhigbee at gmail.com
Tue May 23 08:59:49 PDT 2017

Hi all,

First off, I apologize for the short post on the Hermit Thrush. I have been
unable to post anything for a while because everything was getting bounced.
I changed to gmail from Hotmail and that seems to have solved the problem.

I have quit traveling and so new slogan is 'Have camera, don't travel'. I am
finding the yard gives me plenty of opportunity to take photos, though. I
have had to add insects to my subject list and find some of them quite
attractive. (to look at)

Spring has been slow but the recent weather has really perked things up. The
Hermit Thrush was a real surprise and the Lazuli Bunting was also. The
Warblers are still coming, one by one, with the most recent being Wilson's
Warbler. The Western Tanagers and Black-headed Grosbeaks have been here a
couple of weeks and the American Goldfinch a little less. The Warbling Vireo
was first seen some days ago and re-appeared yesterday. The Bushtits have
been in and out year 'round but lately have been frequent in their quest for
aphids.

I have really been photographing a lot of moths and have built up, and am
adding to, a gallery of photos on pbase.

I am putting some links to photos for anyone interested.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21876608@N02/?

http://www.pbase.com/jvhigbee/yard

http://www.pbase.com/jvhigbee/yardmoth

Joseph Higbee