[Tweeters] Pine siskins

Rick Tyler rhtyler at gmail.com
Thu May 25 10:59:55 PDT 2017

Tweets,

I don't get the dozens of siskins others have reported, but I did get 1-15
at a time last year. This year, I've rarely seen more than five at a time,
but have regularly had 2-4. Right now, there is a pair feeding fledglings
around the feeders.

Everything else seems normal: recently-fledged towhees, juncos, and song
sparrows, plus plenty of the usual suspects: chestnut-backed & black-capped
chickadees, Steller's jays (probably a nesting pair, but I haven't seen
young), crows, band-tailed pigeons (more than last two years),
hummingbirds, kinglets, robins and Swainson's thrushes. Several times have
seen Vaux's swifts overhead, too, although, strangely, no swallows.

Saw a black swift flying fast and hard westbound over the Redmond Retention
Ponds this morning. I wouldn't look for it there, though. It's probably
already in Japan.

Reporting from Union Hill in Redmond,

Rick Tyler

--