Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu May 25 12:09:12 PDT 2017

Tweets – a pretty nice day today, cooler than we might have wanted, and a bit more overcast early, but the birds were somewhat active. No big surprises in terms of species, but definitely some things to see.

Highlights:
a.. Eurasian Collared-Dove – One flyby; 2nd straight week
b.. Anna’s Hummingbird – two babies in nest near start of boardwalk
c.. Great Blue Heron – some large babies on nests
d.. Green Heron – flyby over soccer fields
e.. Cooper’s Hawk – 1-2
f.. GREAT HORNED OWL – adult on nest west of concert stage
g.. Willow Flycatcher – about 2, south end of East Meadow – First of 2017
h.. Purple Martin – a couple from Lake Platform
i.. Evening Grosbeak – heard some fly by
j.. Lazuli Bunting – male singing near Compost Piles
Coyote, Beaver, and Deer were seen.

No big misses today, except Rock Pigeon, any gull, and Steller’s Jay.

New for today was WILLOW FLYCATCHER. I think this was also the first time we’ve had PURPLE MARTIN on a Thursday survey this year. I believe we’re at 131 species for 2017.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com