[Tweeters] American White Pelicans at Upper Hampton Lake

Rex Takasugi RexTak at msn.com
Fri May 26 10:14:24 PDT 2017

While fly fishing at Upper Hampton Lake in the Seeps Lake area south of Potholes Reservoir on Wednesday, 5/24/2017, I saw 43 American White Pelicans, the most I've ever seen in one spot. They were surprisingly tolerant of my presence on the lake, although I was the only person there all day. Sometimes a few of them would fly over me in my float tube like they were checking me out, just out of curiosity I suppose. The population of those beautiful, huge birds must be doing well, just based on the numbers I've been seeing on my various fly fishing outings in central Washington. Also saw 4 Great Egrets and a lot of other birds (posted on eBird).

Good birding!

Rex Takasugi
Kent, WA