[Tweeters] Window strike

Larry Schwitters leschwitters at me.com
Fri May 26 15:32:51 PDT 2017

Lots of woods around and windows in our residence. Heard a thud loud enough to know the thud maker wasn’t going to walk away. Sure enough there’s a Swainson’s Thrush lying on it’s back quivering. Got it right side up and had a long soft talk with the thrush in my hands about it’s survival chances. Then put it in a shoe box and left it alone.

Found this website. http://drellenrudolph.com/blog/how-to-help-a-bird-that-has-collided-with-a-window/ <http://drellenrudolph.com/blog/how-to-help-a-bird-that-has-collided-with-a-window/> It says birds that hit a window hard will almost always end up on their back and if they stay that way for any length of time they will not survive. So you should immediately pick the bird up and…….Hey, I did it right. Got a happy ending too.

Larry

Larry Schwitters
Issaquah