[Tweeters] Off-topic: Lenses for Galapagos?

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Sat May 27 15:26:30 PDT 2017

Hi Tweets,

I should have thought to ask this when I asked for guidebook recommendations a couple of weeks ago. (Thanks for your excellent recommendations!) I’m debating which lenses to take on our upcoming Galapagos trip. I understand that the birds are often literally at your feet, but I’d like to have a zoom for flight shots, etc. I have the following in addition to my kit 18-55 lens; which lens or combo would you recommend bringing for bird photography?

* 70-300 (light and newer but less reach)
* 300 fixed (best focus, least flexibility)
* 80-400 (older and a bit slow but more reach)

Thanks very much once again,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Pelly Valley, West Seattle