[Tweeters] Eastern Washington Memorial Day Weekend

Paul Baerny pbaerny at gmail.com
Tue May 30 14:12:52 PDT 2017

I returned late this morning from birding Eastern Washington over the
weekend. I was able to add 24 new birds to my year list. I covered a lot of
area. I missed on the Sprague lake Ibis and the Oak Creek W.A.
Ash-throated Flycatcher.
Highlights:
Liberty: Northern Goshawk and Williamson Sapsucker
Umptanum Creek: Yellow-breasted Chat and Lazuli Bunting
Wenas Area: Least Flycatcher (Maloy Rd), Black-chinned Hummingbird and
White-breasted Nuthatch
North Potholes Reserve: Forster's Tern and Lark Sparrow
Sprague lake(Max Harder Rd): Franklin's Gull (around 20) and Black-crowned
Night Heron
Calispell lake: American Redstart, Northern Waterthrush, Gray Catbird and
Bobolink (about 10 at Cusick Meadow Rd)
Also: Grasshopper Sparrow at Cottonwood Creek Rd. near Davenport.
Clay-colored Sparrow at Stroup Rd. near Reardon. Black Tern at Ames lake.
And Veery at Bullfrog ponds.
Paul Baerny, Kent