[Tweeters] Finally FOY Rufous/Fitz-bew call and Anna's Update / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Wed May 31 18:30:13 PDT 2017

Hi Birders,

Just had a Rufous peek in my kitchen window at 6pm. Dinner time! I looked out and found it feeding on the weigela. It's probably been here before now, but this was the first time I'd seen it.

Last evening, I heard a "fitz-bew" call. Think I've heard it a few times already, but comparing it to a Willow Flycatcher call online it wasn't as raspy. Is there another bird it could also be? Otherwise, FOY Willow Flycatcher, too.

Biggest news of the day - the Anna's hummers fledged. Must have been quite early this morning. Unless they snuck out in the middle of the night - since they were still on the nest about 8pm or so. I could tell they were getting ready - like a couple of fighting teenagers. I'm thrilled they made it. Guess the Rufous came just in time. But I'm sure there are other nests out there somewhere nearby.

Caryn / Wedgwood