[Tweeters] the sparrows are coming, the sparrows are coming

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 11:41:03 PDT 2017

Hello, tweets.

Yesterday (9/30) an immature Golden-crowned Sparrow and immature White-crowned Sparrow both paid a visit to our backyard pond, both foraging on what were presumably tiny seeds floating on the surface among all the duckweed and water fern. The day before (9/29) a Fox Sparrow came to the nearby fountain for a drink and bath. These are the first migrant sparrows I’ve seen this fall. Also a lot of juncos have moved into our yard in the past few days.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle