[Tweeters] the sparrows are coming, the sparrows are coming

Ed Swan edswan2 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 12:41:20 PDT 2017

A tan-striped White-throated Sparrow joined our flock of Golden-crowned, Song, and Fox Sparrows in West Seattle this morning. All three species were singing pretty vigorously last week, is that the first year birds practicing for next spring?Ed

Ed Swan
Nature writer and guide
www.theswancompany.com
edswan2 at comcast.net
206.949.3545

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 11:45 AM -0700, "Dennis Paulson" <dennispaulson at comcast.net> wrote:

Hello, tweets.

Yesterday (9/30) an immature Golden-crowned Sparrow and immature White-crowned Sparrow both paid a visit to our backyard pond, both foraging on what were presumably tiny seeds floating on the surface among all the duckweed and water fern. The day before (9/29) a Fox Sparrow came to the nearby fountain for a drink and bath. These are the first migrant sparrows I’ve seen this fall. Also a lot of juncos have moved into our yard in the past few days.

Dennis Paulson
Tweeters mailing list
Tweeters at u.washington.edu