[Tweeters] Battle Ground Turkey Vultures

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 17:27:08 PDT 2017

Hi Tweeters,

It was a fun day of looking skyward from my Battle Ground Clark County
yard. It started with a flock of 6 Great Egrets which is only the 6th time
I've ever recorded them from the yard.

After the sun and clouds waged war against each other this morning, the sun
finally gained the upper hand and the vultures started flying. 10 kettles
for the afternoon totaling 164 birds was my highest daily count from my
back yard. Additionally, one Peregrine, several Red-tails and one Cooper's
and one Sharp-shinned Hawk rounded out the show.

I'm now recovering from vulture neck.

Keep your eyes and ears skyward.

Jim
--