[Tweeters] Carkeek Park Swallow-tailed Gull

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Fri Sep 1 09:11:23 PDT 2017

First, thanks to Ryan Merrill for discovering the gull & for getting the word out so quickly. Yesterday I was one of the many who delighted in seeing this bird because of his efforts. I also enjoyed the company of my birding friends.

Link to 2 brief slow motion videos showing the pattern of the upper wing and the shape of the tail. Note how the outer primaries in photo #2 flash black & white depending on the position of the individual feathers.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138163614@N02/36779242962/in/datetaken/

Also, 3 stills; one showing the under wing.
http://www.pbase.com/marvbreece/new_images

It was a good day.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA