[Tweeters] Recounting the Swallow-tailed Gull in Everett (No Sightings)

Amar Ayyash amarayyash at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 09:02:48 PDT 2017

Having flown out from Chicago to see your special guest-gull, I want to thank everyone for posting their thoughts and updates on this bird. The crowd of birders and pedestrians at Everett Marina on Saturday (9/2) was vibrant!
A special thanks, again, to Ryan Merrill for a superstar find!! Thanks to Shelley Rutkin and Philip Dickonson for relocating it at Everett. As far as I know, the gull has not been seen that far north on any of the days since Thursday. It looks like the oil tanks at Point Wells is the favored spot, probably because there's less human disturbance there.
Here's a blog post of mine recounting my chase on Saturday, with close-up photos of the bird:

https://goo.gl/5pPKso

Best regards,Amar AyyashOrland Park, IL