[Tweeters] How Do Darwin's Finches Respond So Quickly To Environmental Changes?

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 04:51:36 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

As I enviously read all about your Galapagos gull chases, I was also busily
researching and writing a story about a couple other bird species that live
in the Galapagos: Darwin's finches. The paper I wrote about explored a
simple question: how do Darwin's finches adapt so quickly to environmental
changes in the absence of genetic mutations? They found these finches'
secret may be epigenetics:
How Do Darwin’s Finches Respond So Quickly To Environmental Changes?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/2017/09/06/how-do-darwins-finches-respond-so-quickly-to-environmental-changes/

I hope you found this educational, and encourage you to share it widely
amongst your bird pals, on social media and of course, on twitter.

cheers,

GrrlScientist | @GrrlScientist <https://twitter.com/GrrlScientist>
grrlscientist at gmail.com
Blogs: Forbes <http://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/> | Evolution
Institute <https://evolution-institute.org/profile/grrlscientist/?source=> |
Medium <https://medium.com/@GrrlScientist>
Podcasts: BirdNote Radio <http://birdnote.org/contributor/grrlscientist>
Keep up with my writing: TinyLetter <https://tinyletter.com/grrlscientist>
Tiny bio: about.me <https://about.me/grrlscientist>
sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt. [Virgil, Aeneid]

[image: --]

grrlscientist
[image: https://]about.me/grrlscientist
<https://about.me/grrlscientist?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=chrome_ext>