[Tweeters] Swallow-tailed Gull in Edmonds Thursday Morning
xjoshx at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 11:36:43 PDT 2017
1) Follow Highway 104 towards the ferry, but do not get into the ferry
2) At the light immediately before the ferry pay station, take a left
onto W Dayton Street.
3) Proceed on Dayton until it crosses the railroad tracks.
4) Park in any public parking after the railroad tracks. There's a lot
immediately after the railroad tracks to your right. There's also
street parking on both sides after Dayton curves south. All is free
with a 4 hour limit (I believe).
5) The pier is 50 yards west of the parking lot and easy to find.
The pier is just an L shaped fishing pier that points southwest. It's
perhaps a quarter mile from the beginning to the end. There will be
lots of people fishing, but shared access should be possible,
especially as fishing folks likely thin out towards mid-day.
Stick around and bird the pier. It's one of the best spots for birding
in Puget Sound. Red-Necked Phalaropes should be flying by in good
numbers this week and Parasitic Jaegers have begun to show up.
More information about the Tweeters