[Tweeters] Swallow-tailed Gull Thursday Evening

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 19:48:37 PDT 2017

I just returned from the Edmonds waterfront. From a vantage point in the Edmonds marina, I watched the gull standing and preening. The gull was still at the south end of the north breakwater, very near to the boat entrance to the marina. There were at least 4-5 birders on the south end of the public pier watching the bird. This was at 7:30 p.m. As I live just a few minutes away from the pier, I will go down early tomorrow morning and wait to see if it flies in again. I will post a report to Tweeters either way so that potential visitors and other Washington birders will know whether to make a trip to Edmonds on Friday.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, WA